Thursday, March 13, 2014

Defiance

I thought Defiance was a spectacular movie.  As someone who is Jewish, I felt a more personal connection with the movie.  Something I really loved about it was how it really made you feel for the Jews and brought out a lot of emotions while, at the same time, keeping you on the edge of your seat as you never knew when another action scene would break out between the Jews and the Nazis.  As much as I loved the movie, none of the characters really stood out to me as spectacular but I did like Zus as he was full of action, like the time when he broke into the Nazi headquarters and shot all of the Nazis inside in order to get the medicine.  I would definitely recommend this movie to other people because it's an interesting story about the Holocaust that not many people know of, including myself.

When Tuvia says, "Our revenge is to live," he's saying that the best revenge the Jews could get against the Nazis is to continue to live on.  Being violent against the Nazis shouldn't be a form of revenge necessarily, instead, to show the Nazis that the Jews are strong enough to live on even after such a terrible genocide.  I don't really believe in evil forms of revenge.  Much like Tuvia, I believe in more positive forms of "revenge", like if someone doesn't like you, for example, "killing them with kindness" would be the kind of "revenge" I would be okay with.  But I don't think that humanity and revenge go hand in hand because people make mistakes and wrong each other and if there was always revenge, people would always be hurting one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment